Zone Dactylo / Typing Zone Forum Index Zone Dactylo / Typing Zone
Forum officiel / Official forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello! My presentation =)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Zone Dactylo / Typing Zone Forum Index -> Members' presentation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glevion

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2018 10:25    Post subject: Hello! My presentation =) Reply with quote

Hello everybody! This is my presentation in the forum. I'm happy that you have re-opened this forum! Smile

I'm Glevion and I'm 19 years old (soon 20 xD), I live in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, a province of Spain. I have been "using the computer" since I was 7 years old but I started typing seriously a year ago, and I find it very fun. This webpage is very interesting for me since we can compete versus each other and that's motivating.

And with regard to the page, I haven't tried so much the permanent texts, I think that my last try was in March or February and it was the French permanent text, I can't remember it very well. I will soon start to try again the permanent texts, however my "M" key is not working very well and that's making me a little bit angry Crying or Very sad . I would like to see another permanent in another random language, that would be very interesting for us hehehe Cool .

Greetings!
Son

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2018 11:34    Post subject: Re: Hello! My presentation =) Reply with quote

Glevion wrote:
I would like to see another permanent in another random language, that would be very interesting for us

Yes I totally agree. A text in Romanian would be nice too Wink
SlowMotion

PostPosted: 28 Aug 2018 21:21    Post subject: Re: Hello! My presentation =) Reply with quote

Hello Glevion, I'm glad to see you here! I'm sure you'll get much higher scores in permanent contests (and fighting to number 1 in championship), you're the future of typing, my friend Wink

Son wrote:
Glevion wrote:
I would like to see another permanent in another random language, that would be very interesting for us

Yes I totally agree. A text in Romanian would be nice too Wink

Another agree :p
jeandid
Site Admin

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2018 12:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the point is that everybody will want to have its native language in the permanent contests...

It will not be easy to manage... Shocked
SlowMotion

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2018 11:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeandid wrote:
Well, the point is that everybody will want to have its native language in the permanent contests...

It will not be easy to manage... Shocked

Apart from that, do you see it possible to add a new contest to the program or is it far from your knowledge?

PS: in the same program (zonedactylo/typingzone) or creating a new program I mean.
jeandid
Site Admin

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2018 18:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, this is technically possible.
But I didn't modify the program since 2002!
It's like I made this program in a previous life Shocked

And it implies that the interface has to be redesigned. Currently there are 5 tabs (English text, French text, Pi, alphabet, alphabet backwards) and we'll have to find a new way...

Plus, I really lack time... I think this is the main issue of Typing Zone...
This is why:
1) I'm willing to focus on quick-win changes...
2) OR I'm looking for a "padawan" who has programming skills & time... (but there is no reward since Typing Zone actually costs me little money).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Zone Dactylo / Typing Zone Forum Index -> Members' presentation All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: